יום רביעי, 1 ביוני 2011

OCD Manager

I've just finished playing with a free account on MockFlow.com and made a mockup sketch of a diagnostic app for OCD.

Often in class we've talked about people suffering from OCD as lacking a sense of accomplishment for tasks, so they redo them, making a ritual around them to try and make it feel right. My teacher, Prof Dar, would say that in such a case even love becomes a question of accomplishment - how do I know that I love someone? Is it because we're married? Because she makes me laugh? In this way life is reduced to something we would expect to find on The SIMS, Second Life, or our Facebook life - places filled with events that replace authentic feelings. How do you know you love on FAcebook? By your Likes and your relationship status. Well, then maybe people suffering from OCD can benefit from social gaming dynamics in the same way.

The OCD manager is meant to facilitate a common CBT homework assignment - keeping record of rituals and repeating thoughts. It could also help people suffering from OCD manage their rituals, by logging what they've just done, but much cooler would be if reducing life into events, would emulate the lacking sense of accomplishment.

Tell me what you think :)


I saw some guy stole my name for the app and is now selling his understanding of it in itunes. It's not as good as my idea but still, may he die of OCD.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה