יום ראשון, 27 בנובמבר 2011

What's the risk in these psychotherapy apps?

Today I was asked what are the risks about these psychotherapy apps I've been posting about. I counted the following risks for my OCD Manager app:
  1. It could pathologize, by becoming part of a neurotic OCD ritual.
  2. Corporate technology that I may ask to ride on, may lead to profit driven abuse of privacy. (PS, a week later, NICE Systems, which I wish to work with as a CRM developer, appears in WikiLeaks as a dangerous surveillance technology developer.)
  3. Without a humanistic restraint, it could be an app that sets to delete subjectivity itself.
  4. A few hundreds of bucks could be lost from my pocket.
I feel that these risks are out of my control. The only reason I feel free to keep on developing this direction is that I feel like it is ready to be developed by anyone, and it better be me, giving a damn.

This little reverie is after watching Grapes of Wrath, with a Tom Joad kind of tragic motivation.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה